Draft Illustrative Masterplan
Working together, Barratt Homes and Bloor Homes North West will deliver a community-focused development, with a considerate approach to the local area. The proposals for land south of Holt Road would deliver:
- A residential development of up to 600 high-quality new homes, delivered by Barratt Homes and Bloor Homes North West, two of the UK’s most recognisable and reliable home builders;
- A range of property types and tenures to meet local needs, including homes suitable for first time buyers, growing families and those looking to downsize;
- Affordable properties for those currently struggling to purchase a property and needing assistance. This includes first time buyers, the elderly and key workers, such as teachers and nurses;
- An attractive residential development that will include a range of house sizes, such as detached, semi-detached and terraced properties offering 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms;
- A sensitively and well-designed scheme, with an emphasis on green spaces for informal play, as well as an equipped play area for new and existing residents;
- A new residential development that will retain existing trees and hedgerows, where possible, and provide additional planting and landscaping;
- A network of green corridors for pedestrians and cyclists to use and avoid dependency on the car;
- A scheme that provide a variety of character areas to ensure rich, vibrant and distinct identities across the site;
- Additional Council Tax receipts for Wrexham County Borough Council from the new properties which provides much needed funding for local public services;
- An economic boost for local shops and businesses in the area with increased numbers of people living and spending locally; and
- The creation of jobs in the construction industry, including opportunities for young people through training and apprenticeship programmes.
What do you think about our proposals? What type of properties would you like to see delivered on land south of Holt Road? What issues would you like us to consider in preparing our plans? What do you like or dislike about our initial proposals? Tell us what you think by completing the feedback form here.